Friday, February 26, 2010

A wedding almost five years ago....

Jonathan and I will be celebrating our five-year anniversary this coming week.  Tonight we all sat down as a family and watched the videos from the wedding (days leading up to it, rehearsal, wedding day, and reception).  Katelynn was so excited to watch it.  She ran upstairs when we suggested it and put on her choice of pajamas.  She talked the entire time, asking lots and lots of questions.  The funniest part of the entire thing is she kept saying things like, "What are we doing, mommy?"  "Where were we at there, mommy?"  It's as if she thought she was right there getting married with Jonathan and I. 

The funniest part of her conversations was the one about shoes.  As I posted earlier in the week, the child is obsessed with shoes.  So, as I was walking down the beach (we got married on the beach), Katelynn said, "What shoes are we wearing, mommy?"  I told her that I wasn't wearing any shoes.  I was barefoot, just like I should be on the beach.  She just kept asking why and where my shoes were and why she couldn't see any shoes anywhere for me to wear.  It was a good ten minute conversation.

As you can see in the photograph, Katelynn had to get herself a veil (or what she thought was one) and then a bouquet of flowers.  She held them (the flowers) the entire time she watched the wedding and reception, and when Jonathan and I started our first dance, she wanted to dance too.  I danced with her and she kept trying to put her head up against mine because Jonathan and I were doing that during our first dance.  We couldn't stop laughing at the way she imitated our wedding day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 5yr Anniversary!! Are you going to be able to get away from the kids for the night to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete