It amazes me but sometimes we manage to be spontaneous even with three kids. We just decided on a whim to jump in the car and take an overnight trip to Raleigh. Jonathan booked us a hotel, I packed bags, and off we went just a few short hours later. The kids are always game for an adventure.
If you really know me, you know I'm a sucker for Demolition Derbys. Yes, that's so redneck but I LOVE them. I was a faithful fan in Michigan and went every year to the Davisburg (or was it Davidson?) 4H. I have yet to find a demolition that can rock the socks off that one I went to every August. We heard they had one at the North Carolina State Fair and gave it a try. It was better than the others we have seen in NC, but it still didn't compare to my good old Michigan Demolition boys. Justin of course was a huge fan, but I'm going to have to take the kids back one year to see a real Demolition in Michigan I think.
A last minute trip and a late night at the state fair made for three very sleepy kids!
The next morning we took full advantage of the hotel pool before saying goodbye to Raleigh. The heater was broken in the pool so it was a bit cold, but Katelynn didn't mind. Justin stole Ryan's raft because he thought it was too cold to be completely submerged.
This is as far as Daddy went into the pool. I call CHICKEN!


No comments:
Post a Comment