Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apple Picking 2011

In the past few years I have really started missing the old tradition when I was growing up in Michigan of heading to pick apples and have cider and donuts.  I can't even remember the last time I went when I did live up there, but it must have been before my parents moved to Georgia.  There isn't any apple picking that is that great here in Charlotte and defintely none that has the traditional cider and donuts.  This year I finally decided to find out where I could get my "fix" of cider and donuts with some great apple picking, and I am so excited to have found a really neat place!

My Aunt Debbie from Miami came for a visit (and mom came from GA to join us) so I thought it would be the perfect time to do some apple picking.  We drove up to Flat Rock, NC (two hours from here) and picked apples at the top of a mountain.  The view was spectacular, and we couldn't have picked a better day.  The drive is a bit longer than I would prefer, but I think it was worth it enough to head back each year and make it a new tradition.











 That cider and donuts really hit the spot!  I almost want to make the drive again just to get more (but I won't until next year- one car ride a year with three kids to the orchard is plenty!)



 Look closely and you'll see that all three kids are in this picture!
 "Hay" Ride... Justin's favorite of course because a big ol tractor was pulling us along!

No comments:

Post a Comment