Sunday, November 8, 2009

Random Thoughts and Events

So, I do use this blog to keep our friends and family up to date on the happenings around here at the Miller house, but we also use this blog to keep track for ourselves of some of the funny things the kids do.  They grow so fast that it's ridiculous how quickly you forget some of the little moments.  There are a few things I keep meaning to blog about that have been happening around here just so Jonathan and I can remember them, and I always forget.  So... here are all my random thoughts that I keep forgetting to blog about.

Katelynn's Past
Katelynn and I have several conversations where she will tell me about when she was a mommy.  It is so funny to me because she will tell me that she was the mommy and I was the baby (and Justin was a baby too).  She really trully thinks that before she was a baby, she was a mommy but yet the rest of us are still around her.  For instance, one time it was about how when she was a mommy and had Justin in her belly.  I wish I could remember word-for-word some of the stories she has told me.  I'm going to have to remember to blog next time we have one of those conversations.  Is this common for a three-year old to think this?  I don't even bother to correct her.  I just think it's too cute, and she can go on and on about it for a while too!

Justin's progression
Justin has seriously went from being a baby to starting to form into a toddler so quickly.  It seemed like he was crawling and then he was doing everything!  I don't remember Katelynn climbing like he does.  Just yesterday we were outside, and he was walking around (assisted by furniture of course) the sandbox and the next thing I know (literally looked at my camera screen for 20 seconds), he was on top of the kiddie picnic table!  He is also pointing his finger, which I never remember Katelynn doing.  He likes to point at a lot of things.  I'm not sure if it's to tell us what he wants or if he just does it to do it, but I think it's kind of cute!  And lastly, we are almost positive that Justin is saying the word, "Ball" now.  It's one of those things that you struggle with if they are really saying it or if it's just a concidence, but he really seems to be saying the same thing whenever a ball is in his hand, and if we ask him where a ball is, he will say the word and start looking around. 

Phrases that crack me up (made by Katelynn)
These are everyday phrases that never are very funny coming from an adult mouth (which no doubt is where she is learning them), but I just think she sounds so old and funny when she says them!
" I have a question."  (And sometimes she just has something to tell us, not a question at all)
" I am thinking we could..."
" I could do that for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment